Sr. Data Analyst, Adtech
About the Role
The successful candidate is a proactive problem solver, flexible with shifting project priorities and pressure. You demonstrate confidence to handle problems, as well as the ability to work with a variety of different people. We seek highly motivated and energetic self-starters to work directly with marketers and internal stakeholders to ensure that they are getting all the support needed to achieve marketing goals. You will proactively identify new areas of product features and enhancements that will go to further increase data quality, reliability and marketing productivity & ROI.
What you'll do
- Provide support to internal stakeholders on all data related queries.
- Understand the technical and commercial "flows" of marketing and events data to motivate platform improvements and debugging.
- Manage customer requests, which includes verifying data quality, analyzing data, isolating and diagnosing the problem and resolving the issue.
- Coordinate with Product and Engineering teams in identifying, reporting and resolving product issues
- 5+ years of work experience in data analyst, technical solutions, engineering or other technical positions.
- BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, Advertising, Marketing or other disciplines with demonstrated technical exposure
- Excellent quantitative skills and comfort with data exploration tools such as Excel, SQL, Hive, Spark, Pig etc
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities with a tenacious commitment to finding the root cause of issues
- Experience with fundamental web technology & aptitude to expand technical skills -- including exposure to data stores & querying frameworks (MySQL & Hive) and production technical stacks
- Proficiency with Tableau or other dashboard building tool
- Comfort with statistical concepts
- Deep understanding of attribution and tagging platforms
- Outstanding communication skills, particularly in conveying technical concepts in a manner that is easy for marketers and non-technical partners to understand and vice vers
- Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing key accomplishments -- collaboratively and autonomously
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under intense pressure and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Experience with mobile, display and video ad serving is a plus
- Experience in the online advertising industry is preferred
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada