Head of Platform Access and Safety
About the Role
We are searching for a Head of Platform Access and Safety (Senior Manager) to lead Uber's operational platform safety and access efforts globally, encompassing personal safety, road safety, health and hygiene (COVID response), and food safety, as well as our screenings and identity efforts. As part of Uber's Global Safety Operations teams, this is an excellent opportunity to set Uber's global strategy on how we define and enforce who has access to use the Uber platform (including drivers, riders, eaters, couriers, restaurants, and other merchants), as well as ensuring all users (drivers, riders, couriers, eaters, restaurants and merchants) have a safe experience while using the Uber platform.
- Lead a 10 person team responsible for:
- ensuring the safety of all Uber users while on platform, across all markets globally, and both lines of business
- ensuring proper screening and identity of Uber users, across all markets globally, and both lines of business
- Define and execute (in conjunction with product and regional operational teams) Uber's global strategy for keeping users on our platform safe as well as identifying and screening our users.. Have an ability to balance Uber's safety needs with business objectives and fairness to our users
- Define and manage global safety standards for Uber platform access and safety. Partner with regional teams on efforts to implement locally
- Improve overall safety on Uber's platform by taking a data-driven approach to issue identification, root cause analysis, and improvement rollouts
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- 8+ years experience, with 2+ years in a role managing a team in high-growth technology companies or multinational company with an established safety culture
- Subject matter knowledge and practical expertise of what causes safety incidents with demonstrated ability to execute global programs at scale
- Subject matter knowledge and practical expertise in either screenings or identity (preferably both) with demonstrated ability to execute global programs at scale
- Understanding of business operations and competing pressures a business leader faces on a day to day basis
- Fluency in data driven analysis
- Personal commitment to safety as the end result
- Strong knowledge and practical expertise in risk management frameworks and how to apply them
- Comfortable influencing discussions at the highest levels and a demonstrated ability to find common ground and align stakeholders and teams with conflicting agendas
- A demonstrated ability to thrive under pressure in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
- Ability to tell clear, compelling stories out of complex issues and analysis
- Influential with great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in planning, setting metrics, and roadmap development
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Experience and understanding of other regions and markets a big plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada