Manager, Head of West Regulatory Strategy and Operations - Rides (SF)
Our Operations teams work where Uber's digital technology meets the real world. We are the local eyes on Uber's operations team, and own city-specific business outcomes and bridge our overall business strategy with local needs. We ensure complex, business-critical compliance work is done in a high-quality way and champion the core Uber experience in our cities.
About the Role
Uber is looking for a results-oriented and highly-motivated individual to lead the Regulatory Strategy and Operations Team for our West US Ridesharing business. If you love setting a vision, handling cross-functional partners, pushing projects forward to deliver measurable and strategically meaningful results, and solving problems from both 30,000 feet as well as deep in the details, this is the role for you.
This team is on the frontline helping to shape regulation in a developing space and ensure full compliance, to enable us to expand and grow our business within safety and compliance. You'll set your region's strategy and innovate to extend the Uber presence, while keeping an eye for compliance risk. Leading this team and our relationships with cities is essential to the long-term success of Uber.
This role requires excellent collaboration across different functional and specialized teams, and will be a key part of the Rides leadership team. This individual will own the development of our internal capabilities to identify and handle operational risks. This will require working closely with multiple internal teams to ensure smooth business operations and build strong relationships with external partners and regulators. We need leaders that are visionaries and can build, coach, and inspire teams to reach their potential. We believe in building globally and living locally - so understanding your market and championing their needs is key. If you are searching for a challenge, thrive in an ambiguous environment, and are passionate about building a mission critical function, we have the opportunity you've been looking for.
What You'll Do
- Work with internal stakeholders such as legal, policy, safety, and insurance to create regulatory policies
- Review compliance policies and procedures on a regular basis, and guide ongoing processes to ensure they follow regulatory requirements
- Make existing processes more efficient and automated, including standardizing and centralizing processes and working with Product/Engineering and third-party BPO teams to systematize our needs
- Monitor level of compliance and take action if things go wrong, including root cause analysis, rapid implementation of mitigating solutions, liaison with the relevant regulator
- Foster relationships with our regulators, while reporting on compliance, addressing queries and shaping the evolution of regulation
- Collaborate cross-functionally to continually improve rider and driver experience, given that many compliance processes directly impact customers
- Bachelor's degree required
- 6 years of operations experience
- Experience building and leading teams
- Experience driving business outcomes, ideally in a matrix structure
- Excellent relationship management and communication with an ability to collaborate and influence both internal and external partners
- Process design and improvement experience, preferably in both automated and manual processes and/or customer-facing processes
- Understand the inherent relationship between regulatory compliance, safety, and business growth
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada