Strategy & Planning Associate - Strategic Initiatives, Uber Eats
About the Team
The S&P Strategic Initiatives team for Eats LATAM leads the incubation and the implementation of high-impact innovation projects for Uber Eats in LATAM. As a Strategy & Planning Associate, you will play a key role for the business by executing on some of our key critical initiatives.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be involved in some of our big ambitious bets in Delivery for LATAM, so we are looking for candidates with a true owner mentality, that are passionate about solving zero-to-one challenges and standing up new products & revenue streams from scratch.
What You'll Do
Execute our key strategical initiatives which could be Uber Direct, Meal Vouchers, Exclusive Label Meal Vouchers, or other bets that become prioritized in 2021. For each initiative, these team members are encouraged to own:
- Strategy: Lead it pretty much as if you were the GM of it, taking care of all aspects of its strategy and execution, such as launch/growth plans, processes, project management, P&L/performance management, relationship with cross-functional teams, etc.
- Product Champion: You will nurture the relationship with Product so that our business needs for LATAM are appropriately tailored to set us up for success
- Launch: Enabling our initiatives requires a lot of cross-team work (Business Development, Product, Operations, Legal, Tax, etc). In addition, we also need to have the right launch plan in place to get the new project going in the best possible way (e.g. building comms to the right audiences, crafting policies, monitoring launch performance, troubleshooting unforeseen bugs with Product, running/improving processes, etc.)
- Growth: It is not only about launching the products, but also about growing them into their full potential. You will need to coordinate growth plans with multiple teams to reach our ambitious growth targets
- Project/stakeholder management: For you to build and scale the initiative, you will have to team up with many different teams. Having the right management system in place for a strategic project like this is crucial, and finding the best way to engage all teams in order to reach the broader business goal for LATAM Eats will be a key part of your job
What You'll Need
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Statistics, or similar
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Experience launching/growing new products or features is valuable.
- Professional proficiency in English
- Strong communication, planning & organizing
- Proven experience handling partners at all levels, and leadership and decision-making capabilities
- Previous experiences that prove your sense of ownership, a getting-things-done approach, and the ability to go from high-level business strategy to tactical execution several times during a regular week
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada