Product Designer - Uber for Business
Our Design teams are focused not just on the functional, but also on joy and delight. Our work ignites opportunity and changes the way the world moves, and we design for users around the world of all backgrounds and abilities.
About the Role
As a Product Designer on Uber for Business (U4B), your number one job is to solve user problems. You will work closely with product managers, engineers, data scientists, and UX researchers to iterate and build a usable, useful and delightful experience that your team can launch. You'll engage across all stages of a project, using your skills in concepting, prototyping, service design, information design, workshop facilitation, and user research. As a T-shaped designer, you have at least one area you're expert in, but can handle a broad range of tasks from preparing assets for engineers to leading sprints.
What You'll Do
- Deeply understand the needs of business travelers, business eaters, administrators, coordinators and their organizations
- Own design problems end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Design systems to make simple, elegant experiences based on our complex logistics and machine learning technology
- Build wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs based on our UI framework to tackle difficult UX problems
- Obsess over the details of interaction, visual, and motion design
- Work with product managers to define requirements, not just translate them to design
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner to your counterparts in product, engineering, and ops
- Partner with our UX research team to better understand the needs of our customers
- Collaborate and iterate with your design colleagues to help raise the bar on the end to end Uber for Business experience
- Partner closely with engineers to understand technology capabilities, build your outstanding designs, and achieve high quality shipped product
- Ship, measure, and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- 3+ years established experience as a product designer
- Ability to tackle complex user and design problems
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
- Effective prototyping skills
- Deep knowledge of building products for Android, iOS, and web
- A track record of shipping phenomenal experiences, weathering release cycles, and knowing what details matter at each stage
- Interest in qualitative and quantitative data by caring deeply about grounding decisions in real data, marketplace needs & norms, and business OKRs
- An owner's attitude. You don't hesitate to call up business travelers or coordinators for spontaneous research, you empower engineers to get the fit and finish right, and you translate insights from user studies into meaningful action.
- Proficiency with the latest tools to build design and a strong desire to learn new ones
- Expertise at developing and conveying ideas clearly in written and visual format - making business concepts and data visually engaging
- Emotional intelligence. You authentically care about your teammates and nurture positive relationships even through difficult projects.
- Fast paced with the ability to prioritize projects concurrently
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada