Senior Android Engineer, Rider
About the Role
As an Engineer on the Rider Core Team, you'll contribute to building the core product experiences and infrastructure powering our flagship Uber app, which directly impacts millions of lives each day.
This is a unique opportunity for an engineer and strong collaborator who can work with talented people in product, design, data science, operations, and engineering to help build our next-generation consumer experience products. It's a very high impact role where you will interface with all major product & platform teams at Uber, building out the core Checkout and Trip experiences.
What you'll do
- Build and own core rider product flows of the Uber app.
- Build and own product platforms that allow the app to scale, unlocking partner teams to build into the core flows without compromising the experience.
- Write tools to improve the reliability and performance of the apps
- Partner closely with the partner teams to help build the future of the Uber app
- Track the success of your feature experiments, collaborating with Data Science, Design, and Product teams to iterate on delightful user experiences.
- Coach and mentor less experienced engineers or new engineers joining the team.
- Design, implement, and rollout re-usable frameworks to serve the product needs of feature teams.
- Influence all Rider teams by advocating best practices in software development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Strong experience in either Kotlin and/or Java
- 2+ years of professional experience building in either mobile platform/sdk/dev tools, or mobile consumer facing features
- At least two (2) years of software engineering experience
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada