Counsel, Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits
The Corporate Legal team is comprised of a talented group of legal professionals who partner with our business in the areas of payments, M&A, finance, corporate and commercial transactions, corporate governance, capital markets, and related matters.
We are currently searching for a Counsel, Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits to join a team of legal professionals who will support Uber's executive compensation and employee benefits. This is a phenomenal opportunity to be a part of a growing team and to work on groundbreaking issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Director of Global Executive Compensation & Benefits, and is based in San Francisco.
What You'll Do
- Counsel for in-house legal department, with responsibility for supporting in-house legal team handling executive compensation and employee benefits
- Provide legal advice and counseling with respect to various executive compensation and employee benefits matters
- Draft and provide advice regarding securities law disclosure/compliance related to executive compensation, including assisting with drafting the CD&A and Executive Compensation Tables in the annual meeting proxy statement
- Provide legal support on investor relations matters and various corporate governance matters as they relate to executive compensation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, HR, tax, treasury and accounting on various executive compensation and employee benefits matters
- Provide legal support on M&A transactions related to employee benefits and executive compensation
- Provide support to corporate legal team on various other matters as needed, including corporate governance, subsidiary management, and other corporate secretary functions
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience, including executive compensation and employee benefits in private practice, government service, and/or in-house role or equivalent experience
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state.
- Strong knowledge of US securities laws as they relate to executive compensation, ERISA, and the Internal Revenue Code (including section 409A)
- Consistent good judgment and ability to apply legal knowledge to help create practical business solutions, including strong integrity and ethical decisions in business and personal conduct
- Flexibility, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and a desire to be part of a cohesive and supportive team environment
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada