Product Designer - Design Systems
Our Design teams are focused not just on the functional, but also on joy and delight. Our work ignites opportunity and changes the way the world moves, and we design for users around the world of all backgrounds and abilities.
About the Role
As a Product Designer on the Design Systems team, you will work closely with other product designers to build, manage, and iterate on design frameworks and systems.
The team is focused on complex design challenges that involve systems design at scale across the Uber ecosystem of products/services. You'll collaborate with an array of teams, disciplines, and lines of business to become an advocate for systems thinking and Design to Engineering efficiencies.
This role demands high-quality attention to detail and craft as everything you touch will go out to the world serving millions of people and amongst dozens of Uber's product/service offerings.
What You'll Do
- Build and maintain design, components, frameworks, and system specs that are aligned with Uber's platform, system standards, and accessibility
- Translate projects into design assets and systems that meet business goals as advised by brand and platform design managers in a timely and efficient manner
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure consistency and quality as a system of frameworks, patterns, and components
- Own the Design QA process across design and engineering teams to assure design quality by auditing component implementation during development
- Contribute to Uber's design system, crafting detailed specs, documentation, logic, and rules for a variety of use cases
- Document, catalog, and maintain Design system components, assets, and various workflow resources
- Educate, advise, and spread awareness of design system fundamentals, tooling, workflows, and usage across Uber Design
- Act as a systems liaison to other product teams, working closely with a product team for a period, then potentially migrating to another team, gaining domain knowledge while assisting with adoption and usage
- 2+ years of Product design experience
- Knowledge of platform-specific (web/mobile) interface patterns and behaviors
- Obsessive attention to detail and strong visual design skills reflected in a portfolio of recent work
- Direct experience with design systems - either creating, maintaining, or using
- Experience with Figma, particularly creating easy-to-use shared libraries for the design teams
- Familiarity with front-end code and ability to create basic pages/screen with a clear understanding of semantic markup
- Experience working with engineering to properly spec and QA designs
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada