Business Development Representative, Uber Freight (Chicago)
About the Role
The Business Development Representative will play an integral role in generating net-new business through outbound opportunities and handling strategic conversations with our Enterprise and Mid-Market Account Executives in prospect accounts to drive continued growth for our sales organization. With consistent collaboration with account executives, they will align on strategy to prioritize and target a list of high-potential accounts within defined segments. They will directly impact our business growth in a fast-paced, collaborative and growing environment.
What You'll Do:
- Build a deep understanding of key personas and their priorities, prospects' complex business needs and org structure. Use your expertise in our technology, brokerage offerings and the freight market to identify business opportunities through research, discovery, and qualification, communicating our value through a consultative, solution selling lens.
- Strategic, targeted and multifaceted prospect outreach to drive meaningful engagement as our first point of contact
- Use a data-driven approach to outbound sales that incorporates research, call cadences (at least x prospects/day), email campaigns, and marketing materials
- Leverage account research to get multithreaded across key personas
- Develop and manage a sales pipeline to grow relationships with a targeted list of our highest potential prospects in a variety of industries.
- Develop and maintain strong internal stakeholder relationships to drive account strategy and partnership to maximize prospecting efforts.
- Bachelor's degree (Business or Supply Chain is a plus)
- 1 year of experience working in freight OR 1 year of cold calling experience required
- Experience selling into C-Suite and to Executive Leadership preferred.
- Experience in Salesforce, Excel and Google Suite
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, interpersonal, and with the ability to form relationships internally and externally
- Customer-centric mentality with strong overall business acumen and understanding of company objectives
- Solutions Selling approach, ability to seek problems and critically think to solve them
- Self-Starter and determined drive to win
- Ability to stay organized, pay attention to detail, with strong time management and analytical skills
- Interest in implementing feedback, and dedication to the improvement of your craft
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada