Territory Operations Manager, California
About the Role
The Territory Ops individual will be focused on their territory, doing fast-paced, agile work to drive local metrics and results. You will execute on data-driven strategies and processes and flex to address the needs of your geo. You will partner closely with the Strategic Operations team, as well as the City Managers, Sellers, and Account Managers to identify and resolve issues and capture opportunities quickly.
What You'll Do
- Focus on Eater, Merchant, or Courier operations and experience within California
- Provide input on local business need or how regulation impacts processes or products
- Identify, solve, or escalate customer or tech issues and opportunities
- Track performance against OKRs across the territory
- Plan and manage multi-city or state-wide initiatives
- Dive analysis on strategic decisions, including understanding key levers to improve results and clarifying tradeoff decisions
- Develop tools and training to enable City Managers and commercial teams to optimize their results
- Build any city-specific processes or campaigns needed in addition to or instead of scaled ones
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Territories, Marketing, and Legal to achieve goals
- 1+ years of professional work experience in a related field (consulting, operations, strategy, analytics, tech, investment banking)
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets or SQL proficiency
- Bachelor degree required
- Strong experience building and executing complex processes
- Experience with quantitative data analysis, deep measurable insights, modeling, and sophisticated test plan design and analysis
- Unparalleled business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly develop strategies and make decisions
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including experience presenting data & insights to a sophisticated audience
- Strong collaboration and partner management skills - building deep, trust-based relationships with territory and cross functional teams
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders in a constantly evolving, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- High energy working style and optimistic attitude
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada