New Business Operations Manager - Mobility
About the Role
In ANZ, Uber is currently the market leader in the Rideshare and Point to Point transport categories - however, Uber accounts for <5% of the total mobility kilometers traveled each year by Aussies & Kiwis - with private car ownership over-represented. Against that backdrop - the ANZ Rides 3 yr growth strategy is explicitly focussing on identifying and growing new business opportunities outside of the point to point market. This work will be grouped in a new vertical, New Business, with a dedicated team exclusively focused on addressing this opportunity.
This is a newly created role, part of a team of 3 with the objective to drive growth initiatives by identifying local customer needs, crafting experiments & user experience improvements, and driving cross-functional execution. You will work hand in glove with HQ based product teams in providing local insight to advise global product approach.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with HQ central teams to manage the immediate performance of live non-Point to Point workstreams (Carpool, 3rd Party Rent) as well as developing short and long-term strategy to both pilot initiatives and influence the overall direction of the ANZ business outside of the Point to Point space.
- Develop a deep understanding of the mobility landscape (in ANZ and globally), the Uber products and capabilities, and find opportunities to better meet mobility needs beyond Rideshare.
- Develop the experimentation and implementation plan for new launches/ roll-outs or continuous improvement of our New Business offer.
- Work with cross-functional partners and global teams to project manage the execution of ANZ business priorities.
What You'll Need:
- 3-5 yearsof proven experience in Strategy Consulting or other professional services with a proven track record in using data to drive business decisions.
- Ability to operate all hands on deck, you are autonomous, no task is too small. From technical product setup, SQL analytics, writing communications materials, all the way to preparing and delivering senior leadership presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to organise, plan and prioritise assignments within multiple projects.
- Experience taking care of sophisticated data sets, deriving insights, checking against what you see in the real-world and synthesising recommendations.
- Distinctive problem-solving - ability to break down ambiguous problems, put structure and use data-driven insights to solve them.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal and written) with the ability to translate data into meaningful insights.
- Above all, you are passionate about solving big customer problems and helping people move in a smarter way.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada