Design Manager, Uber Eats Ads
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Our Design team crafts functional and delightful user experiences for courier, restaurants, and consumers--on screen and in the real world--and helps set a people-centric long term vision for Eats. We are an interdisciplinary team including product designers, writers, and researchers.
About the Role
Uber Ads is a fast growing product within Uber Eats. With Uber Ads, consumers discover exciting new dining experiences, grocery essentials, and more local products in the Uber Eats app while merchants grow their customer base and business. As a fast-growing 0 to 1 product, you will have the opportunity to craft the vision for this new business and bring the product to life. You will operate quickly in a fast-paced, startup environment.
What you'll do:
- Help evolve the product vision for the future of local commerce marketplaces.
- Hire, coach, and mentor designers based in Toronto.
- Encourage your team to push the boundaries towards innovation and user delight, while balancing business objectives.
- Help designers collaborate with cross-marketplace Eats teams: Merchant, Couriers, Ads, Market, and Consumer.
- Be a strong partner to your Product, Engineering, Research, Data, and Business peers
- Align team priorities and deliverables to the company's overall strategic goals
- Collaborate closely with your design peers to ensure we build a consistent and cohesive overall product.
- Ensure your team leverages and contributes towards high-quality platform design and engineering libraries.
- Enable your designers to produce high-quality service design experiences and products that deliver benefits for all sides of the Eats ecosystem.
- Help elevate Uber Eats Design community, culture, and processes.
- 5+ years of product design experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- Demonstrate long term thinking around strategic and business-focused activities
- Will have shipped many successful software products, ideally both desktop and mobile
- Extensive experience conducting and/or collaborating with user research and data science to leverage their respective insights
- Will have led and mentored both junior and senior product designers
- Proven track record to provide thought leadership and guide a team towards achieving a common goal
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Experience leading geographically distributed teams a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada