About the Role
At Uber, providing world-class customer support to our users is a core feature of our product experience. Delivering this caliber of support isn't easy - it takes people who can understand Uber's operations, adapt to our constantly evolving business, and help solve problems where no solution currently exists.
As a Program Specialist, you will manage the Advanced Support Program (Social Response Team, Risk Support & Escalations) for regions within APAC. This role will help in leading, supporting BAUs, planning and executing, and monitoring regional level and cross-regional, as well as mega-region projects.
What You'll Do:
From design to data management and from strategy to development, you need to love to get into the bottom of problems and figure out how to break down barriers, improve our organizational capabilities and build sustainable solutions. You will also be expected to think creatively, identify data trends, suggest improvements, and help in the creation of efficient processes. You will play a key role in the strategy and execution of improvements to processes and products.
This individual will work closely with partners to make sure that the scope and direction of each project are on schedule, meeting the objective it was crafted for, and ultimately deliver the promised benefits for the organization. You will be working with Service Delivery teams, cross-functional partners, and management and will often be required to skillfully multitask. We have a small but highly capable and motivated team that drives APAC regional and local strategy, goals, and execution.
What the Candidate Will Need
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends, relationships and to present said findings coherently and confidently
- Produces high-quality work manages multiple projects and has the ability to stay focused in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicates clear and concise thoughts, both verbally and written, and collaboratively with team members and partners.
- Teamwork & Inclusivity: Works independently and asks for help when needed so as to avoid delays. Appreciates working in a diverse work environment and to develop strategies and foster a collaborative work environment
- Ability to present to a larger group when it comes to reporting and/or creation of decks to represent projects
- Hands-on experience executing an initiative/project from start to finish
- Achieves project goals while managing scope, time, quality, and risk. Learns from failures as well as successes
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and cultivate a cohesive and creative work environment
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items
- Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing and/or supporting multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand complex concepts and work across multiple functions and teams. Demonstrate initiative, persistence, ability to problem solve, and passion for learning new skills
- Japanese & English proficiency: Fluent in spoken and written English and Japanese
- Basic project management skills and experience
- Proven track record in planning and execution
- Prior experience in both project and portfolio management in a scaled services organization
- Experience in supporting shared services/customer service site in the program management perspective is preferred
- Experience in Google Suite
- Bachelor's degree
About the Team
At Uber, the Advanced Support Program handles the most complicated user concerns and acts as a last resort for our customers. Our team is responsible for turning poor experiences into magical encounters and ensuring customers continue with the Uber platform. We are part of the APAC Central CommOps organization which is responsible for driving Uber's key programs at APAC. The Advanced Support Program comprises three pillars i.e. Risk Support, social media support & executive escalations. The team is responsible for driving APAC level strategy & global initiatives for the programs. Every member of the team comes with in-depth knowledge of processes and markets. We are driven by smart goals and are passionate about helping our customers. Moreover, we never forget to have fun at work and celebrate our success.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada