Senior Merchant Operations Manager
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Our Strategy & Ops team empowers our regional and local teams through insights, analysis, and thought leadership.
About the Role
Uber Eats Taiwan is a strategically important and successful market for Uber Eats globally. The Merchant Operations team reports directly to the General Manager, and is responsible for setting the strategy for the restaurant side of the three-side marketplace (eaters, restaurants, and delivery partners), launching new products and capabilities, and driving the growth and profitability for the restaurant side of our business.
We are looking for a passionate and committed Senior Operations Manager to join the restaurant vertical and enable our platform through its next phase of growth.
The Operations team at UberEats Taiwan is not big, and this role is relatively senior. It is perfect for those who have both a strategic / analytical mindset, as well as a drive for execution to push our restaurant business forward. You will need to both own growth targets as well as help build out the broader team to realize those targets.
What You'll Be:
- A strategic partner to the Head of Merchant Operations to support the growth of the Taiwan business, translating global goals into a locally inspiring strategy and plan.
- Accountable for driving commercial results related to the growth of merchants on our platform.
- An important cross-functional partner to the many teams that do not directly report to you, but are critical to the successful execution of your plan, especially Sales, Account Management, and Sales Operations, but also including Community Operations, Marketing, Policy, Legal, Communications, Tax, Finance, Business Development and many more.
- A visible and vocal champion for our customers, merchants, and stakeholders.
- A competent, decisive and optimistic leader that can rally many teams and stakeholders to achieve a shared vision.
What You'll Do:
- Clear ownership of one or more company-critical modules within the Merchant Operations team, with supporting roles on others.
- Ownership of deployment, localization and problem-identification of Merchant-related products, syncing with both global and regional teams.
- Build analyses and communicate insights to leadership that drives the growth, profitability, efficiency, quality, and experience of our restaurant business, and then turn them into actionable initiatives to drive improvement.
- Program manage and work with cross-functional teams to execute high priority, needle-moving restaurant related initiatives and product launches.
- Actively identify opportunities and areas for process optimization and innovate new processes to keep the team as efficient as possible.
- Maintain a pulse on the industry landscape to constantly assess threats and opportunities, as well as document and communicate market intelligence.
- Engage with regional and cross-functional team members to surface and implement best practices. Actively maintain communications with a broad stakeholder base.
What You'll Need:
- 6-8 years work experience, including time spent in strategic and operational roles, supported by a history of delivering clear results. Management consulting, finance, or consumer internet sector (such as online food delivery or e-commerce) experience is a big plus.
- Advanced Excel and quantitative analysis ability; SQL experience is a big plus.
- Strong track record of building, leading and engaging diverse teams.
- Evidence of successful complex stakeholder management across a variety of functions.
- An analytical mindset and strong business acumen.
- An appetite for taking smart risks in a fast moving, competitive and often ambiguous environment.
- Pure hustle and passion for building a business in a competitive market.
- Able to collaborate and a willingness to listen and learn.
- A team player who doesn't mind rolling up your sleeves to do the day-to-day work.
- Traditional Mandarin and English fluency, both written and spoken.
MBA not required but a plus.
About the Team
With Uber Eats, we're building Uber's fastest growing business, spanning 43 countries across all six continents in 4 years. Today, Uber Eats is available across many parts of APAC including Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, Australia and New Zealand.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada