Senior Product Manager, AI Platform
About the Role
We're looking for a Senior Product leader to help define and drive our efforts for the UberAI Platform team. Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. To do this we rely on state of the art ML/AI algorithms across different problems to optimize our ETA's, Pricing, Dispatch, Incentives, Safety and Risk decisions. Solving these hard problems is the secret sauce that leads to a magical experience for our customers.
You will work closely with world-class engineers, product managers, data scientists, and designers to build the platform (example products - Michelangelo, Horovod etc..) that AI Researchers, ML Engineers, and Data Scientists across Uber use to train, build, deploy and manage machine learning at Uber's scale. You will interface with many aspects of the Uber organization - within the UberAI to Rider, Driver, Safety to Marketplace.
- Craft a bold product vision, strategy and roadmap for all aspects of UberAI's platform investments to push machine learning across Uber.
- Define a compelling strategy for how we approach key problems like recommendation, safety, pricing etc.
- Drive execution and impact, delivering products through the system design, development, and testing process.
- Minimum of 5 years of Product Management experience.
- Experience building technology (ideally machine learning) platforms at enterprise scale
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience
- Technical understanding should go from the highest abstractions down to the details.
- Fluidity with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to use data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- 2 years of experience building products that use ML/AI algorithms
- Proven ability to engage with internal and external teams that use complex platforms and/or technologies
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning the latest breakthroughs in computer science.
- You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and take on something hands-on
- High bar across the board -- from your own contributions, to the people you work with, to the products you work on
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada