Software Engineer, Backend | Storage
About the Role
Storage, Search and Reliability Platform is looking for productive and enthusiastic individuals to join the Database Production Engineering team.
As a Software Engineer in the Storage team you will help integrating various Database offers into existing, quickly developing infrastructure.
This is a role in the Infrastructure/Storage as an individual contributor.
What You'll Do
- Design and implement the features of technical offers based on the analysis of use cases
- Integrate various Storage (database) offers into unified infrastructure (placement, monitoring, automatic mitigation, etc).
- Create tooling to ensure fulfilling reliability and performance SLA's at scale.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure optimal use of infrastructure
What You'll Need
- BS, MS or PhD degree in computer science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent coding abilities
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- Experience in IT infrastructure: integrating database technology(-ies) into existing infrastructure
- Experience in developing of infrastructure tooling
- Deep understanding of different database types (relational, key-value, columnar, time-series)
- Experience in using the Go programming language
- Experience in managing large-scale infrastructure
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada