Software Engineer, UberEats
About the Role
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Uber Eats is home to a team of mobile and backend engineers tasked with creating an app to fuel our three-sided marketplace of eaters, delivery-partners, and restaurants. From making it easier to discover your ideal meal to designing dynamic UIs, our iOS and Android engineers keep the app healthy and users hungry for more.
What you'll do
This Denmark Eats Engineering team is responsible for building product catalog and inventory system that powers the Uber Eats experience and related verticals, such as groceries. This is one of the foundational components of the Eats architecture, as it interfaces with merchants, powers our local graph, and serves recommendation to our customers. The system is designed to be highly-available and highly-scalable to support our global operation.
What the Candidate Will Need & Bonus Points
- Relevant degree (B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D) in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience coding with C++, Java, Python, or Go
- Enjoy building high quality software that is relied upon by millions of people around the world.
- Experience with large-scale eCommerce systems
- Experience with content-management systems
- Experience with user-data analytics and personalization
- Comfortable working with ambiguity in constantly evolving environment
- Experience working in large scale distributed systems
- Machine Learning Experience
- Batch and/or Streaming computation platforms
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada