Sr Software Engineer
Uber's Marketplace Engineering team creates the technology behind our ridesharing marketplace by connecting riders with drivers at the push of a button. Our solutions expand user access, deliver reliability, and provide more transportation choices to users across our global markets.
About the Role
At Uber, you will have a direct impact on the customer experience for riders, drivers, eaters, restaurants, business owners, and cities alike. The Edge Platform team is responsible for building and scaling edge layers for use by engineering teams throughout Uber. The edge layers serve APIs for consumption by first party mobile apps, APIs for consumption by third party developers, push events to mobile apps, streaming RPCs, and outbound webhooks to third party developers. Engineers on Edge Platform build complex systems that encompass the various edge layers at Uber with a heavy focus on reliability, scalability, and developer experience.
What You'll Do
- You will independently write high quality code, comprehensively test your code changes, and launch new features
- You will collaborate with stakeholders to design, build, and deploy complex systems at scale that intersect critical Uber traffic
- You will collaborate with other engineers to scope and assign work to projects that you are leading and be responsible for its ultimate delivery
- 2+ years of experience in systems software engineering
- Sound understanding of computer architecture and CS fundamentals
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages: Go, Java, Python, C/C++
- 4+ years of experience in systems software engineering
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Detailed problem-solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Experience working on large-scale distributed systems
- Grit, drive, and a strong feeling of ownership coupled with collaboration
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada
Life at Uber