Research Manager, EMEA
About the Role
The most successful technology companies are brilliant storytellers, who can effectively engage with consumer, political, and business audiences alike, helping them understand the magic behind and the benefits of the products they use.
We are looking for an experienced market research professional to work in our EMEA research and insights team. This role covers a vast and diverse geographic expanse and is home to some of Uber's most consequential business opportunities. As a research manager, you will be a member of the global research team that is a key strategic partner for Uber's Marketing, Policy, Communications, Business Operations, and Product teams. Our team is helping Uber change the way the cities move, and you will have an important role in delivering world-class research in this business-critical region.
- Manage research and insights projects for the EMEA region.
- Ensure consistency of data and adoption of insights across the region.
- Scope and design research projects that focus on both short-term (i.e.campaign/messaging) as well as long-term (i.e., mine consumer insights for multi-year innovation and product opportunities).
- Partner with marketing, communications, and policy teams to craft intellectually credible narratives that move people emotionally.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- At least 8 years of quantitative and qualitative market research experience in the EMEA region.
- A self-starter who can shape how we tell our story to the world, requiring the ability to develop relationships, set a strategy, and execute.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills and experience presenting to executive leaders
- A track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams from policy, communications, legal, and marketing.
- Ability to execute research from design, fielding, analysis, and reporting, with an emphasis on high-level strategic recommendations.
- Experience with new product development, brand positioning, message development and creative testing.
- Highly adaptable and calm under pressure.
- Preferred qualification: Both client and vendor-side experience, with good vendor relationships and diverse expertise around traditional and innovative methodologies.
- Undergraduate degree in economics, communications, or political science.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada