Engineering Manager, Eats Aarhus
About the Role
Uber Eats is home to a team of mobile and backend engineers tasked with creating an app to fuel our three-sided marketplace of consumers, delivery-partners, and merchants (such as restaurants and groceries). From making it easier to discover your ideal meal to crafting dynamic UIs, our iOS and Android engineers keep the app healthy and users hungry for more. Our team in Aarhus is respons
The Denmark Eats Engineering team is responsible for building our inventory and catalog platform that powers the Uber Eats experience and related verticals, such as groceries. This is one of the foundational components of the Eats architecture, as it interfaces with merchants, powers our local graph, and serves recommendation to our customers. The system is designed to be highly-available and highly-scalable to support our global operation.
What You'll Do
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to determine product roadmap that aligns with the broader company vision
- Be responsible for roadmap execution and delivery of projects with high quality
- Grow, coach, and develop a team of software engineers
- Recruit high-quality engineering talent for the team
- Help define the engineering culture and uphold the processes that will shape the future of the team
- Help define the future of local commerce as Eats expands beyond food delivery.
- 3+ years experience minimum with direct people management, including growing and mentoring junior and senior engineers
- Customer-focused and experience working on a product team, shipping products to end-users.
- Experience across the full tech stack (backend / mobile / frontend)
- Experience designing, building and launching mobile and/or web applications
- Experience in building large-scale distributed systems
- Experience in integration with third-party APIs and develop high-quality external APIs
- Proficient with AB testing and experimentation.
- Have proven track record working across an organization not just across teams.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada