Senior Product Manager, U4B Ecosystem
About the Team
The Uber for Business (U4B) product portfolio includes hyper-local ride, meal, and merchandise delivery management solutions for companies around the globe. Through the above and/or our stored (Uber Cash) value vouchers, organizations can set rules to seamlessly subsidize and control their logistics expenses at scale.
These rich features allow us to serve not only operational efficiency, but also loyalty and growth/acquisition needs that are universal to all organizations. In other words, U4B drives both bottom and top line enterprise value for its customers.
With an already established and expansive consumer reach, the enterprise space represents a massive and relatively untapped opportunity for Uber. Our strategic bet is that (enterprise) third-party partners are the key to Uber's next tidal wave of growth.
About the Role
As the very first U4B Ecosystem Product Lead, you will be responsible for threading the best capabilities of each standalone Uber business line into a cohesive and powerful external platform. You will partner with Product, Engineering and business teams to define our channel strategy and to grow our partner community,
Your objective will be to build a thriving partner ecosystem that, through the power of Uber, empowers organizations to reimagine day-to-day operations and to deliver differentiated customer, patient and employee experiences. This is a rare 0 > 1 > 1000 opportunity that will expose you to every Uber line of business.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with Engineering, Sales and Business Development to shape our channel strategy and determine how third-party partners will integrate with Uber.
- Empower partners by defining and executing the roadmap for partner-facing APIs, tools, and testing.
- Establish Uber as one of the most developer-friendly platforms in the world.
- Identify and pursue new platform integration and/or channel growth opportunities.
- Assess and drive API improvements requested by partners or internal stakeholders, consulting with legal, privacy, and engineers across the company.
- Collaborate internally to standardize partner onboarding, development, testing, and launch procedures in order to scale the program.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of proven experience in technical product management delivering large scale platforms or infrastructure.
- Ability to step into the shoes of our developer users given computer science degree or software engineering experience.
- Strong understanding of Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures (RESTful and GraphQL APIs).
- Demonstrated technical product ownership with B2B2C2B, B2B2C or B2B services.
- Aptitude and interest in presenting to partners, and motivating them to continuously improve their experience. Equal excitement about 99.9999% reliability.
- Able to balance consumer, partner, data operations, legal, privacy, and business interests while considering technical implications.
- Good understanding of platform service models, including Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- Able to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans.
- Able to concisely communicate complex and technical concepts.
- Experience building products or founding business lines from 0 to 1.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada