Sr. Software Engineer - Uber Eats - Eater Growth
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Uber Eats is home to a team of mobile and backend engineers tasked with creating an app to fuel our three-sided marketplace of eaters, delivery-partners, and restaurants. From making it easier to discover your ideal meal to designing dynamic UIs, our iOS and Android engineers keep the app healthy and users hungry for more.
About the Role
We enable eaters to efficiently and completely onboard onto Eats". Our team owns Rider-to-Eater (all eater surfaces in the rides app), the welcome experience, app sharing and social experiences in the Eats app.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with systems software engineering. Sound understanding of computer architecture and CS fundamentals.
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages: Java, Scala, Go, Python, C/C++.
- 5+ years of non-internship experience in building large scale product or data systems.
- Detailed problem-solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis.
- Grit, drive and a strong feeling of ownership coupled with collaboration.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada