Employment Counsel, EMEA
About the Role
We're looking for an exceptional lawyer to join our EMEA Employment Legal team to support and help lead our growing businesses across the region. This role will be located in Amsterdam and will report into the Legal Director, Labour & Employment, APAC & EMEA.
This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join a global legal team integral to a company engaged in cutting edge technology and focused on solving some of the biggest challenges in the world - including changing the way regulators, courts and legislators think about the future of work.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the lead lawyer advising Uber's HR team on the full range of employment matters, relating to e.g. recruiting, hiring, training, performance management, compensation, benefits, and terminations in the region.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of employment documents, including employment contracts, restrictive covenant agreements, assignment letters, separation agreements and policies and handbooks.
- Partner closely with HR and internal audit on a variety of projects, initiatives, investigations and risk management.
- Partner with Program Managers on large, multi-jurisdiction projects, requiring stakeholder and project management (e.g. M&A, re-organisations).
- Advise on risks regarding temporary and outsourced workers, including reviewing and drafting services agreements across EMEA.
- Handle and advise on pre-litigation disputes and employment litigation.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- 5+ years of employment law experience at a top tier firm and/or in-house with a focus on international employment matters. Employment litigation a plus.
- Ability to operate in English (required), Dutch (required) and in one of the following languages (preferred) - French, Spanish and/or Arabic.
- Confidence operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Self starter who is comfortable to work autonomously.
- Flexibility to perform in nimble, rapidly changing and growing markets, without prior knowledge or experience.
- Experience with driving efficient and strategic use of resources, including other support functions, in-house counsel, vendors and external counsel.
- Strong team orientation encouraging communication and cooperation across organisations and functions.
- Inquisitiveness, along with the ability to spot issues, get to the heart of the matter, and articulate plans to address them.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated experience working with business leaders.
- Collaborative approach with both business and legal groups, with a strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility and partner with others.
- Passionate about your work and a desire to have a big impact.
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada