Marketing Strategic Sourcing Manager, LATAM
About the Role
As the Sourcing Manager, your mission is to help Marketers drive the highest return on investment. The position will report to Uber's Head of Global Marketing Sourcing. You will use your experience as a deal making professional with extraordinary negotiating skills to deliver significant value for partners' and driving operational efficiency. This role requires extensive experience interceding commercial terms for Brand and Advertising services including agency agreements, in-house vs outsourced business case decisions, and technology decisions to name a few. You will lead projects end to end.
What you'll do
- Engage with marketing partners on aligning to growth objectives for Uber and translating those into a portfolio of suppliers with outstanding capabilities.
- Superb analytic capabilities to deliver spend insights and explain pricing models
- Someone who's been there/done that handling marketing contract arbitrations or executing on large transactions, preferably in the consumer internet and marketing sector.
- Deliver fast execution and get the best responses from the right set of vendors using BATNA as your key tool in such a way that enables rapid deal flow
- Extensive contracts experience as you will need to take care of selected media players and agencies and review and red-line to optimize value and run risk at an Uber pace
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with key partners. Share ownership and accountability for driving and delivering results serving internal business partners.
- Research vendor space and industry trends, benchmarking, and innovate to build improvements on industry standard methodologies
- Develop & implement innovative ways that drive and measure smart spending, continuous analysis of supplier performance, and overall business value
- Handle any ad-hoc projects and operations as needed in a variety of categories
What you'll need
- Minimum 10 years of financial planning or sourcing experience preferably at a large advertiser, but we will consider candidates with less experience if they meet our other requirements
- Ability to perform quantitative analysis, influence decision makers, and understand marketing like a marketer
- Able to influence others & build relevant business collaborations.
- Outstanding spreadsheet and math skills
- Knowledge of Scenario planning and financial planning experience is a nice to have
- Proficiency in English and Spanish
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada