Android Engineer II - Consumer Experience - Rider
The Consumer Experience team's goal is to help Uber become the "operating system" for urban life. This means helping expand customers' perception of Uber from a place you go to get a Ride, to a place you go to go anywhere and get anything. We're a product-platform team, responsible for core experiences, and the platforms that enable teams to plug into them.
On the product side, we're crafting and building the most highly trafficked experiences in the Rider App, including the homescreen, messaging, and identity. As we scale the number of ways riders can use Uber, we're partnering with UberAI to build Uber's first personalized surfaces that understand what riders want in real time.
On the platform side we're building a flexible, backend driven UI, that enables teams across Uber to reach Uber customers in the right context. We work closely with every team that builds in the Uber Rider App including Transit, Micromobility, and UberEats to help them scale faster and reach more riders.
As an Android Engineer you'll work on both product and the platform features in the core Uber app.
What You'll Do
- Define & build the frameworks that power the core Rider App experience
- Fully own features from ideation with design and product, to working with data science to design experiments that continuously improve our products
- Build relationships with engineers across Uber from product teams like Transit, UberEats, and Micromobility to core infrastructure teams like Mobile and Backend Platform
- Implement user-facing and platform features with the latest Android technologies
- Design platforms for server driven UI and personalization that enable teams like Reservations, Delivery, and Car Rentals to build great experiences in the Android app
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Android/iOS/Mobile/Backend development.
- Proficient with new feature development, bug fixing, performance testing and cross-team collaboration.
- Proficient in Android/iOS/Mobile/Backend development, application design philosophies (MVC, MVVM, etc.), source code management (git), clean API design, etc.
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences and feature developments.
- Previous contributions to creating efficiency or positive cultural initiatives within your team
- Strong expertise in mobile foundations and SDK/framework developments.
- Ability to independently own and drive projects
- Previously worked on mobile apps that scale to millions of users.
- Proven expertise in mobile foundations and SDK/framework developments.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.