Account Executive, New Verticals
About the Role
The New Verticals Sales Representative role is a unique opportunity to help grow one of Uber's newest services: Uber Eats Grocery, which is in the process of expanding in a big way. The role involves closing new grocery & convenience partners and building long-term relationships with them. The role demands a unique combination of sales prowess, rapport building chops, marketing know-how and creativity. This is an intense startup-within-a-much-larger-startup role, and this person will work across multiple disciplines to provide critical support on key sales and marketing initiatives that allow us to scale.
We are looking for someone who is ready to hit the ground running and knows where the best local convenience stores are, is passionate about food and enjoys negotiating to build the best partnerships. Your primary focus will be on bringing new top grocery & convenience partners by leveraging your pitching, negotiating and by driving internal processes to set up our clients for success.
As a New Verticals Sales Representative, you will be in charge of developing the selection of Uber Grocery in specific areas and/or cities:
- Sales / Grocery partners Sourcing: Leverage prospecting skills and relationships to build partnerships with top grocery retailers. Proactively maintain communication with prospects via email, phone, and face-to-face meetings
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly sales quotas
- Negotiation and Deal Making: Lead contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of a strong working relationship with our grocery partners, including sustainable economics for both parties
- Work closely with the account management team to develop strategies around expansion of existing accounts
- Process Scaling: Uber is a company that moves fast and does things at large scale. Help design processes, whether it be prospecting, onboarding, account management
What you'll need
- Seek to achieve operational efficiencies by iterating and improving on playbooks, internal tools and resources, and cross-functional & internal processes
- Get your hands dirty - help form the way we interact with retail partners from the ground up
- Be proactive. This role will require fast thinking on your feet and moving swiftly through fire drill situations
- Native-level Japanese fluency, Business-level English
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada