Head, Strategic Partnerships, ANZ
About the Role
Uber is looking for a senior executive who is deeply interested in building long-term successful partnerships with high profile companies across Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) and thrives in a fast-paced technology company.
Successful candidates will bring a combination of IQ and EQ, an ability to think strategically, execute tactically and possess strong interpersonal skills to maximize value in partnership negotiations.
You will thrive on managing multiple deals in a complex but exciting environment, and are willing to invest your energy into building long-lasting partnerships in order to unlock significant growth for Uber and Uber Eats across ANZ.
This is a unique opportunity to be a senior member of the Uber Business Development organization and develop strategic partnerships that support a variety of high-priority Uber initiatives, in close collaboration with Uber's product, operations, marketing and policy teams.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with ANZ Uber & Uber Eats leadership to formulate strategy and identify how to deliver business priorities, as well as new business initiatives including big ambitious bets
- Lead and support end-to-end deal and strategic partnership process. This includes developing the partner strategy, engaging external partners, developing a mutually beneficial commercial construct, contract negotiation and implementation
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional partners across Operations, Product, Marketing, Legal, Comms & Policy to bring 'first of their kind' partnerships to life
- Develop long term, mutually beneficial relationships with senior executives of current and prospective strategic partners who assist in the delivery of Uber's growth
- Drive individual deal performance accountability by creating clear and measurable goals aligned with the national business strategy
- Handle a high volume of internal and external engagements and the fast pace of our company.
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of management consulting, investment banking or strategic business development experience
- Well-rounded profile: ability to combine business, strategy, finance and legal concepts to lead sophisticated, multidimensional deals
- Strategic problem solver with strong business acumen and an ability to effectively lead priorities in a highly matrixed, fast-paced organization
- Highly analytical with strong financial modeling and sophisticated problem solving skill
- Experience in cultivating and growing strategic business partnerships
- Excellent judgment, positive demeanor, hustle, validated history of success
- A track record of delivering deals by leveraging product or other technology solutions
- Strong social skills which allow you to build trust and negotiate hard with partners, and adeptly lead the cross-functional coordination (product, local operations, engineering, finance, legal) required to implement deals
- Adaptability to change within a fast paced corporate environment
- A network of contacts across Australia and/or New Zealand with top tier organisations
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada