Senior Android Engineer - Eats Mobile Platform
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Uber Eats is home to a team of mobile and backend engineers tasked with creating an app to fuel our three-sided marketplace of eaters, delivery-partners, and restaurants. From making it easier to discover your ideal meal to designing dynamic UIs, our iOS and Android engineers keep the app healthy and users hungry for more.
About the Role
As a Sr Android Engineer on the Eats Platform team, you'll work on the code behind apps used by millions globally every day. In hundreds of cities, people tap their phones to get a ride, get food delivered, or earn extra cash with Uber. We're looking for hardworking engineers to make sure every one of those experiences is magical. Join us to work on some of the most exciting challenges in tech, with projects ranging from building a more efficient order batching experience or an UberEATS interface that's perfect for our driver-partners.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with our product and design teams to build great experiences for the Android app
- Implement native UI with the latest Android technologies
- Build platforms and frameworks that enable teams throughout Uber Eats to build great experiences in the Android app.
- Solve tough issues with the scalability of the codebase including improving performance, design patterns and app architecture.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Android mobile development.
- Proficient with new feature development, bug fixing, performance testing and cross-team collaboration.
- Proficient in Android development, application design philosophies (MVC, MVVM, etc.), source code management (git), clean API design, etc.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in mobile development.
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences and feature developments.
- Previous contributions to creating major efficiencies or led cultural initiatives within your team or across several teams.
- Previously worked on mobile apps that scale to millions of users.
- Driven large scale initiatives that span multiple projects, teams or groups of engineers.
- Proven expertise in mobile foundations and SDK/framework developments.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada