Platform Access Lead
About the Role
Uber's Safety Operations Team is dedicated to reducing incidents and improving safety for all of our users across our global operations. You'll work with operations, product, data science and legal to ensure Uber is an ultra safe transportation and delivery platform. Safety is at the core of the Uber experience, and you'll be a catalyst to the team's global efforts and successes.
What You'll Do
- Lead a 3-4 person team responsible for ensuring robust screening and identity verification of Uber users, across EMEA, and all lines of business
- Define and execute (in conjunction with product and regional operational teams) Uber's EMEA strategy for identifying and screening our users. Have an ability to balance Uber's safety needs with business objectives and fairness to our users
- Implement global safety standards for user (drivers, riders, couriers, eaters, restaurants, grocery, and non-food) platform eligibility.
- Improve overall safety on Uber's platform by taking a data-driven approach to issue identification, root cause analysis, and improvement rollouts
- Work with stakeholders across Uber's businesses (primarily Rides and Eats) and Safety organizations to promote, change, and deploy new tools and strategies that support screening and identity safety initiatives
What You'll Need / Bonus Points
- 6+ years experience, with 2+ years in a role managing a team in high-growth technology companies or multinational company with an established safety culture
- Deep subject matter knowledge and practical expertise in either screenings or identity (preferably both) with proven track record to execute global programs at scale
- Understanding of business operations and competing pressures a business leader faces on a day to day basis
- Proficiency in data driven analysis
- Personal dedication to safety as the end result
- Strong knowledge and practical expertise in risk management frameworks and how to apply them
- Comfortable influencing discussions at the highest levels and a demonstrated ability to find common ground and align stakeholders and teams with conflicting agendas
- A demonstrated ability to thrive under pressure in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We seek big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. Should you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together!
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada