Finance Process Analyst Intern- Summer 2021
About the Role
The role is part of the Global Order to Cash team which is integrated into several of Uber's Business to Business operations. The OTC team supports business lines such as Uber Freight, U4B, Eats for Business, Routematch and other global business to business operations.
In this role, you will lead several process improvement projects spanning several teams under the Order to Cash tower! You will also have the opportunity to shadow and learn other parts of finance, operations and sales.
**Please submit a brief cover letter describing your interest in the role and what makes you an outstanding candidate**
What You'll Do
- Partner closely with our Global distributed team that supports the Rides, Eats, NeMo, Freight and other Uber lines business that support business customers
- Work cross-functionally with global teams to analyze current processes and systems and recommend improvements that will last beyond the summer assignment
- Work with various Business Process Outsourced (BPO) teams
- Study existing process to ensure SOX compliance and help the team to remediate any SOX and audit controls
- Perform ad-hoc reporting as needed
- Help Uber scale / transition from startup to enterprise
- Currently enrolled in a BS/BA or MS/MA program (anticipated graduation in 2022) in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a similar field
- Basic knowledge of GAAP and experience with Excel and Google Sheets
- Minimum 1 year of involvement in extracurricular groups, activities, or internship opportunities
- Leadership positions in any extracurricular activities
- Proven understanding of GAAP, SQL, and advanced excel skills
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc
- Ability to structure effective presentations and present them
- Attention to detail and ability to execute in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter - you take initiative, set goals, and meet them
About the Team
Our team is responsible for timely generation of revenue including the process of customer credit checks, to collections and applying customer payments which have several opportunities to lead process improvement projects. We work closely with various cross-functional teams daily from accounting, to sales, to Financial Planning & Analysis to audit and tax. Given those partnerships, you will survey the teams' business partners to find operational improvement opportunities and deliver them to senior management!
As part of the Chief Accounting Officer's group and Finance Operations, the Order to Cash (OTC) team is the only customer facing team within all of finance. The team's primary responsibilities are to increase Uber's working capital position while also crafting industry leading global processes in Order to Cash. The team is aligned with Uber's Procure to Pay team and Travel & Entertainment team who share operational best practices across teams.
Our team is full of process and project owners who handle and lead transactions processes that are performed by Uber's offshore outsourced operations. You will work directly with team members in the US, Mexico, Europe, Latin American and various countries in APAC.
The team also works with sales and operations teams in various global locations supporting Uber for Business and various business partnerships, and the US & Canada for Uber Freight
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world. Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada