Sr. Technical Program Manager- Compliance
About the Role
The Uber Technical Program Management (TPM) team plays a critical role executing high-impact org-wide initiatives and continuously improving processes to increase the effectiveness of our product and engineering organizations. The role demands great technical depth, principled thinking, high bar for quality, bold innovation, and a mentality of starting with the user and working backwards. You will work alongside a star team from Engineering, Product, Data Science, Compliance, Operations, legal, policy etc in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid technology/operations environment to build contextual experiences in Compliance areas. You should be comfortable in uncharted territory as we build innovative technologies that can handle the scale. We need your skills and enthusiasm to make it happen.
A TPM in this role will structure and drive large complex cross-team technical initiatives in Compliance team: platform roadmaps, Reliability areas, etc. to name a few. As TPM, you will own the problem space and more specifically:
- Work closely with engineering/product leads to conceptualize solutions
- Organize/align multiple engineering teams for delivery and drive execution leveraging milestones/KPIs
- Actively seek ways to standardize and ensure efficient execution
- Set accountability by tracking progress, resolving dependencies, identifying issues, evaluating risks and communicating status to upper management and project stakeholders
- Intrinsically act as a coach to engage and energize the product and engineering teams to achieve aggressive goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a TPM or Engineering Manager in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment with an overall experience of 12+ years.
- Strong technical experience in platform development at scale.
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence.
- Proven strong cross-team and cross-org stakeholder management. Ability to influence, motivate, and align people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Analytical and truth seeking. Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
- Data driven: Experience determining effective program KPI's and using them to measure program success and issues. Strong technical, analytical, and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to backup assumptions, recommendations, and drive decisions.
- Metrics driven: Experience determining effective program KPI's and using them to measure program success and issues.
- Experienced in project management. Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited.
- Excellent in identifying process gaps, measuring progress, and balancing engineering and product efficiency with process overhead.
- Be good at facilitating discussions. You get the right people in the room, let conversations run their course while they are productive, move them toward consensus when possible, and make hard decisions or escalate, as required.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.