2021 Internship - Data/Product Analyst
About the Role
We are looking for current students to join Uber as data/product analyst interns during summer 2021 (12 weeks). You will be embedded in a team and work closely with data scientists, engineers, and product managers under the supervision of an analyst on that team.
About the Teams
- Safety & Insurance (San Francisco): Uber's global S&I business organization is responsible for further developing, creating, and constantly innovating on processes and products to ensure Uber continues to raise the bar on safety for riders and drivers. Interns on the S&I team conduct deep data analysis on Safety policies to measure performance and drive enhancements, design, and monitor product experiments to measure the impact of Safety product ideas, develop product analytics metrics and create dashboards to monitor performance, develop data quality rules and monitoring systems on mission-critical tables, and analyze safety incident trends globally across the Rides and Eats business.
- Community Operations (San Francisco): Community Operations is pioneering how Uber manages rider and driver partner support around the globe. Interns will conduct deep data analysis including data pulls and data cleansing, regression analyses to understand the needs of customers that have contacted customer support, and build subsequent data visualization to monitor progress on an ongoing basis. Global Safety, Risk & Identity Support is a customer service program chartered with driving collaboration, providing the business with a consolidated voice, and defining and delivering on a best-in-class safety, risk & identity support program.
- Eats (New York City): Uber Eats is Uber's ambitious and rapidly growing on-demand food delivery business currently operating in over 45 countries globally and is the largest outside of China. Eats interns will work on exciting and impactful projects that advance our algorithms and discover insights to improve engagement with eaters, merchants, and couriers. This includes dispatch timing optimization, batching, dispatch simulator, food preparation time modeling, time to delivery prediction, etc. Interns will conduct deep data analysis, create dashboards to monitor and evaluate performance metrics, and investigate ways to improve our algorithms.
- Rides (Seattle | San Francisco): Rides uses data to improve and automate all aspects of Uber's core ridesharing products. Rides interns will tackle problems such as providing insight into how pricing and surge is working and offering opportunities for improvement; understanding adoption and engagement with rides and identifying opportunities for product evolution; designing and analyzing experiments to understand the effects of matching changes and/or incentives on rider and driver behaviors/conversion/engagement; working with Engineering teams to ensure the integrity of our platform/products/data.
What You'll Do
- Work with your mentor closely to define the problem, scope your project, develop and prototype the solution, and measure the impact
- Conduct deep data analysis to drive business decisions
- Develop and validate critical data pipelines
- Develop and monitor product metrics via dashboards to measure the performance of Safety/Eats/Rides products
- Partner with engineers, data scientists, and product managers to understand business use cases, design and develop solutions, and present findings
- Connect with partners, cross-functional teams, and senior management
- Bachelors student in Data Analytics, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Math, Physics or other analytical fields with at least one semester remaining to complete
- Proficiency in SQL
- Background in data visualization via open-source libraries/packages or third-party tools (i.e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Anticipated graduation in winter 2021-spring 2022
- Currently enrolled in a master's degree program
- Coding proficiency in Python or R
- Previous internship experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and business partners
- Highly detail-oriented
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.