Finance Technology Intern- Summer 2021
About the Role
Financial Technology (FinTech) is a part of the CFO organization and responsible for innovating and building the best financial products & systems in the world. Our DNA is customer obsession, top-quality products, teamwork and openness! We demonstrate industry best practice in Financial systems, applying them into sophisticated global business operations at Uber. We provide systems for compliance, data reliability, audit and ensure timely availability of business critical data. This group is in the critical path to enable Uber to become a premier business operation and at the top tier of operational excellence.
In this role, you'll get to work on a specific FinTech product initiative, including product definition, build, test and launch. In addition, you'll have the opportunity to learn new systems and processes, as well as make recommendations on process improvements for all of FinTech!
**Please submit a brief cover letter describing your interest in the role and what makes you an outstanding candidate**
What You'll Do
- Partner within FinTech and Finance to understand key processes, data flows, product and system requirements
- Understand user needs and use metrics to inform product strategy and prioritization
- Support or lead major product development phases (build / test / launch)
- Partner with Engineering to deliver system solutions
- Support end user adoption and organization management
- Educate users on features and benefits, including training and insights
- Currently enrolled in a BS/BA or MS/MA program (anticipated graduation in 2022) in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Accounting, or a similar field
- Basic knowledge of systems development life cycle, product and project management
- Prior systems or product development internship experience in the technology industry, including management consulting, product management, engineering or software development
- Leadership positions in any extracurricular activities
- Proven understanding of finance processes, enterprise-level financial systems, data analytics
- Experience envisioning, developing and launching software products
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent social skills
- Attention to detail and ability to execute in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter - you take initiative, set goals, and meet them
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world. Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada