Manager, IT Financial Risk Management
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently.
About the Role
This individual will help lead a best-in-class program, lead through a methodology approach and influence programmatic changes for the internal team and cross functional partners; while being responsible for the day to day activities the program deliverables.
They will drive program oversight and efficiencies in their areas and also build and maintain a productive relationship with internal partners and external auditors with focus on ICFR and other financial risks.
What You'll Do
- Be responsible for the various stages of IT - Internal Controls (ICFR) from design assessments, operating effectiveness and evaluation of control issues that may be identified to meet the company's SOX 404 requirements
- Supervise the performance of the 3rd party service provider to ensure timely and quality results for the program
- Ensure adequate planning and communication is made as it pertains to the program plan, status and critical achievements to both internal and external partner
- Engage with key partners as their trusted advisor on internal controls and process efficiencies, providing insight and direction as they maneuver through financial risks
- Review and assess new proposed IT changes at a holistic level to ensure a comprehensive end-to-end evaluation of financial risk landscape is considered and influence to ensure adequate controls are in place to minimize exposures for the company
- Lead the issues management impacting financial statement reporting risks along with coaching and developing direct reports in SOX 404 methodology
- Identify and evaluate complex technology risks and internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5+ years of IT audit (internal or external), controls, IT, compliance or risk management experience
- Demonstrated experience auditing general computer controls and IT control testing of applications, operating systems, and databases
- Big 4 accounting firm and/or internet/ technology industry experience
- Demonstrated project management experience (PM certification a plus)
- Experience with Oracle R12 or another large scale ERP
- Past experience as an advisory/internal auditor or similar function is ideal
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form across a wide array of internal and external stakeholders, including senior management
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects concurrently, including managing a team
- Experience with SOX readiness assessments and control implementation
- Working technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, SOX requirements, including PCAOB Auditing Standard No. 5
- Experience with information technology general controls and automated business process controls and concepts using both homegrown and COTS ERP systems
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada