(Senior) Product Analyst- Core Analytics & Science
About the Role
Are you interested in driving business and product strategy? What about using data to answer difficult questions and come up with interesting insights? If so, then this is the job for you. As a Product Analyst in the CAS organization, you get to use your quantitative skill set, obsession and empathy towards customers and collaborative spirit to work closely with Product, Ops, Engineering, and Data Scientists to provide data driven insights to find new opportunities to take our products to the next level.
What You'll Do
- Refine ambiguous questions and generate new hypotheses about the product through a deep understanding of the data, our customers, and our business
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and impactful conclusions.
- Define how our teams measure success, by developing Key Performance Indicators and other user/business metrics, in close partnership with Product and other subject areas such as engineering, operations and marketing
- Collaborate with data scientists and engineers to build and improve on the availability, integrity, accuracy, and reliability of data logging and data pipelines.
- Develop data-driven business insights and work with cross-functional partners to identify opportunities and recommend prioritization of product, growth, and optimization initiatives.
- M.S. or Bachelors degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields. (If M.S. degree, a minimum of 1+ years of industry experience required and if Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 2+ years of industry experience as a Product Analyst or equivalent)
- Advanced SQL expertise
- Basic understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing learnings / takeaways
- Experience with Excel and some dashboarding/data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Advanced degrees in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Operation Research, Machine Learning or other quantitative field
- 5+ years industry experience in consumer facing product analytics
- Strong storytelling: distill interesting and hard-to-find insights into a compelling, concise data story
- Advanced experience with experimental design and statistical methods such as causal Inference.
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage relationships with partners coming from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
About The Team
The Core Analytics & Science Team (CAS) is Uber's largest data science and analytics organization, covering both of Uber's main lines of business as well as the underlying platform technologies that power those businesses. We are a key part of Uber's cross-functional product development teams, helping to drive every stage of product development through data analytic, statistical, and algorithmic expertise. Here are the teams that make it happen:
Eats: Uber Eats is Uber's ambitious and rapidly expanding on-demand food delivery business currently operating in more than 45 countries globally and is the largest outside of China. Analysts in Uber Eats solve many exciting problems in the Recommendation, Search and Knowledge Graph space.
Rides: Rides Analytics at Uber uses data to improve and automate all aspects of Uber's core ridesharing products. For drivers, we are creating a seamless product experience for drivers across the driver journey: matching drivers to cars, onboarding onto our platform, creating a stress free trip experience. For Riders, building products that create an awesome experience for people who ride with Uber.
Platforms: Platform Analytics develops the common systems and technical foundations that power Uber's trip experiences externally and core decision making systems internally. This team develops: the mapping services that perform travel time (ETA) prediction, route optimization, navigation, features and algorithms to improve pickup & dropoff experiences, and more; the Fares platform that calculates and serves prices to all our users; the machine learning and AI platforms; and Uber's customer support and financial technology systems.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.