Engineering Manager - Uber Eats
About the Role
Uber Eats is the fastest growing food delivery platform in the world and over the last year we have doubled our gross bookings! Our Uber Eats team is helping to redefine on-demand food delivery for a new generation. With Uber speed, professional delivery partners, and partnerships with the world's most beloved restaurants, we are bringing convenience and happiness to people one meal at a time.
As Uber Eats continues to grow in size, reach, and complexity, so too will the product strategy and solutions needed to support the business. In this role, you'll be working closely with colleagues across Business Development, CommOps, Operations, Engineering, Data Science, Product, Design, Research, and Marketing to bring your ideas to life.
What You'll Do
- You'll manage the Uber Eats Shopping Store Team to provide a best in class store-front experience that allows merchants and restaurants to showcase their unique offerings.
- Providing consumers with menu selections and recommendations so appealing and easy to access that they gladly transact.
- Create an ecosystem where menu choices are dynamic, personalized and optimized.
- You'll manager afull-stack team that owns the mobile experience, backend, and the data science and machine learning algorithms that power feature sets such as storefront/menu, cross-sells and upsells, reordering, menu search, menu personalization and recommendations, in-store promotions, favorite restaurants, and reviews and ratings.
- 5+ years of experience developing software as an IC engineer.
- Outstanding technical skills in backend or mobile engineering: Uber managers can lead from the front when the situation calls for it.
- 3+ years for frontline managing a diverse set of candidates (full-stack, backend, mobile), across various technologies.
- Great management and team development skills: ability to set roadmap and goals for a team and every one of its members, delegate intelligently, mentor engineers, deliver frequent and transparent feedback, help team members grow in their careers and deliver results
- A passion for crafting user-facing products and experiences.
- Significant experience in designing and operating critical high-scale systems.
- Good software engineering methodology -- significant and deeply-rooted opinions about testing and code quality, ability to make sound quality/speed trade-offs.
- Expertise and interest in growing teams -- interviewing junior and senior engineers, collaborating with a recruiting team, smoothly onboarding new team members.
- A love for the unknown and building 0 -> 1. Note that this is a new team, working on a brand-new product vision, spearheading a new site for the broader Eater organization.
- Ability to drive multi-functional partner consensus across multiple Engineering organizations, offices, etc.
- Strong data-driven prioritization skills and unafraid to say no to any level of authority, when things don't look right.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada