About the Role
As a Geospatial Analyst on the Map Data team, you will build rich maps, augment licensed maps, and keep maps fresh and accurate by aggregating and conflating extensive amounts of geospatial data from multiple internal and external sources.
You will drive and support team and org-wide cross-functional initiatives and continuously improve processes to increase the effectiveness of our organization. Your domain and technical expertise should help you understand, prioritize and communicate architecture and systems designs.
What You'll Do
- Drive identification of sources, evaluation, acquisition, and processing of 3rd party commercial and publically available geospatial data - both vector and ortho imagery - for multiple programs at Uber
- Leverage 3rd party GIS software and internal systems to independently build data processing software/pipelines to process and transform large amounts of geospatial data from 3rd party provider schema
- Query and visualize spatial data of all lineages and formats, write SQL, and Python code. Conduct code reviews, and develop/maintain program documentation
- Manage relationships with the 3rd party vendors, and drive data delivery, storage and processing per terms-of-use
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams (basemap, store, tools, quality) and map operations team to develop end-to-end policies, practices, and procedures for processing the imagery and curating data.
- BA/BS/MS in an area of specialty (ex. urban planning, geosciences) or a minimum of 3 years of equivalent work experience
- Experience developing and supporting efficient and reliable ETL pipelines to move large amounts of geospatial data
- Ability to understand, and develop spatial data models
- Proficiency with GIS software & tools: SSMS, FME, ArcGIS, QGIS, bash (other Shells)
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs.
- Experience with programming languages: Python, Java, .Net (C#)
- Experience working with open and proprietary spatial data sources, including Open Street Map (OSM), US Census Bureau TIGER data, etc.
- Experience developing conflation logic for spatial datasets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and outstanding emotional intelligence. Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Analytical, quantitative, and data visualization skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive decisions
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada