Software Engineer II, iOS - Micromobility
About the Team
On the Rides Engineering team, we write code that ignites opportunities for millions of people every day. We're passionate about making Uber's core ridesharing products faster, safer, and more reliable by building scalable software solutions for riders and drivers on our platform.
Micromobility is a growing line of business which seeks to provide riders an alternate low cost and environment friendly transportation option while also decongesting cities. This team is focussed on building an integrated booking experience used by riders to rent e-bikes, e-scooters, e-mopeds etc. in the core rider app through a scalable platform for our micromobility partners around the world to easily integrate with Uber.
About the Role
As a software engineer in the Micromobility team, you will work on some of the core micromobility features and workflows in the Uber rider app which are used by riders across the world. You will have an opportunity to join this growing line of business in its very early phase!
At Uber, we take pride in offering the best quality service to our customers - you will collaborate closely with product managers and business operations teams to build for scale, yet focusing on providing intuitive and fabulous customer experiences!
What you'll do
- Closely collaborate with product, design and business teams to understand product ideas and business needs and help deliver these as a series of fast experiments.
- Implement native user interfaces, with the latest iOS technologies. Contribute to the iOS monorepo on core Uber flows enabling a variety of new experiences related to micromobility use cases.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Play an active role in team's technical design choices, code reviews and documentation.
- Coach and mentor junior or new engineers joining the micromobility team.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of full-time iOS engineering experience with strong expertise in Swift and Objective-C and deep understanding of iOS SDK. Good understanding of object oriented programming, multithreading, networking, memory management and source control management (git).
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences. Passion about delivering software that delights our end users. Proficiency with UI/UX paradigms to build sophisticated user experiences.
- Experience working with product management and design teams.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Good communication and teamwork to work in a fast paced and distributed environment.
- Experience in testing and deploying scalable mobile applications. Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments.
- Fast learner: We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. Should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our extensive growth and constantly evolving business environment.
- A great teammate: Believe that you can achieve more on a team -- that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
Bonus points if
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience of working on partner integration platforms and projects.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada