Senior Software Engineer, iOS - Micromobility
About the Role
About the Team
On the Rides Engineering team, we write code that ignites opportunities for millions of people every day. We're focused on making Uber's core ridesharing products faster, safer, and more reliable by building scalable software solutions for riders and drivers on our platform.
Micromobility is a growing line of business which aims to provide riders an alternate low cost and environment friendly transportation option while also decongesting cities. This team is focussed on building an integrated booking experience used by riders to rent e-bikes, e-scooters, e-mopeds etc. in the core rider app through a scalable platform for our micromobility partners around the world to easily integrate with Uber.
About the Role
As a senior iOS engineer in the Micromobility team, you will be architecting the iOS experiences on our core rider app which is used by riders across the world. As an early engineer in the team, you will have opportunities to lead and influence some of the core rider facing features.
At Uber, we take pride in offering the best quality service to our customers - you will collaborate closely with product managers and business operations teams to build for scale, yet focusing on providing intuitive and delightful customer experiences.
People with entrepreneurial bent of mind, independent thinking, rapid hypothesis building and conceptualization with ability to quickly convert these into testable code, solid execution and delivery skills are desired characteristics for this role.
What you'll do
- Work closely with our product and design teams to build intuitive experiences. Play an active role in shaping up the roadmap and vision for the team.
- Implement native user interfaces with the latest iOS technologies. Contribute to the iOS monorepo on core Uber flows enabling a variety of new experiences related to micromobility use cases.
- Ship efficient, reliable, crash-free code that reaches millions of users.
- Ensure your mobile applications perform and scale in production.
- Champion best software engineering practices such as continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Take a lead role in the team's technical design choices.
- Write quality code and documentation which can be used as the example for your company.
- Coach and mentor junior or new engineers joining the micromobility team.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of full-time iOS engineering experience with strong expertise in Swift and Objective-C and deep understanding of iOS SDK. Proficient in object oriented programming, multithreading, networking, memory management and source control management (git).
- Strong focus on building high-quality mobile UI experiences. Passion about delivering software that delights our end users. Proficiency with UI/UX paradigms to build elegant user experiences.
- Experience working with product management and design teams.
- Strong written, verbal communication skills; ability to influence others within your team and outside your team.
- Experience in testing and deploying scalable mobile applications. Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments.
- Attention to detail, particularly around software engineering fundamentals, testing methodologies and quality.
- Fast learner: We're looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. Should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our extensive growth and constantly evolving business environment.
- A great teammate: Believe that you can achieve more on a team -- that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and entrepreneurial acumen: Understand requirements and business use cases beyond the written word.
Bonus points if
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience overseeing projects from beginning to end as a tech lead.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada