Global Program Manager, Risk Management and Insurance
About the Role
Uber's Global Insurance team provides insurance products and solutions that enable our business operations in over 60 countries around the world. We're looking for a program manager to support this team through our newly formed Insurance PMO. As Program Manager you will support cross-functional teams including risk management, legal, actuarial, claims and analytics on work ranging from business planning and analysis, to design and implementation of projects across our global portfolio. Things move fast in Uber and we need talent that moves at Uber speed while focusing on delivering sustainable solutions and outcomes.
What You'll Do
- Facilitate a global portfolio: Support business planning and steering efforts in order to ensure initiatives are aligned with strategic and organizational goals.
- See around corners: Monitor, actively manage and unblock efforts on priority projects to ensure effective execution and on-time delivery.
- Provide operational leverage: Ensure continuous and effective coordination by supporting the cross-functional teams managing Uber's insurance programs that protect drivers, riders and couriers around the world.
- Ensure high-quality communications: Coordinate the assembly and delivery of management reporting and presentations to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Roll up your sleeves: Champion continuous improvement and strengthen operational efficiency by breaking down key business processes and building them back up.
- Follow-up & follow-through: Hold yourself and stakeholders accountable by reporting on progress against project/program objectives and goals.
- Partner globally: Engage with Uber's insurance carrier partners to help ensure effective and consistent partnerships around the world.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience with a demonstrated record of achievement in managing large and complex projects/programs
- Insurance, management consulting, technology or related experience a plus
- Strategic thinker with excellent business judgement and decision-making skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, able to quickly build relationships and gain respect in a cross-functional environment
- Very strong verbal and written communication, with executive-level slide-building and presentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of project management methodologies with a head for problem-solving and critical-thinking
- Experience with project management tools (e.g., JIRA, Asana, Smartsheet)
- PMP, Agile, or Lean Six Sigma certification a plus
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada