Insurance Program Manager, Risk (Complex Auto)
About the Role
As a member of the Insurance team, you will be involved in all day to day aspects of our insurance business, identify opportunities for continuous improvement, and develop new insurance products and programs in support of our ever-changing business. You'll work with a cross functional team of risk managers, lawyers, product managers, actuaries and engineers to address the challenges of our business. Insurance is a uniquely strategic function at Uber and this role is very different from traditional corporate risk manager roles.
The ideal candidate for this role has a demonstrated track record and expertise in a U.S. complex commercial auto insurance underwriting role. A product manager role with an insurance carrier developing new programs is also a plus. You should possess skills in underwriting, new insurance product and program design. You should apply for this position if you possess a passion for developing new and overseeing existing insurance programs for our high growth, fast-paced and innovative company in support of achieving our bold goals.
What the Candidate Will Do
- Manage large commercial auto programs including support of the US and Canada Peer-to-Peer insurance programs which encompasses rides, eats, delivery, and other lines of business
- Develop new insurance products and programs
- Participate in legislative and regulatory issues that involve Uber's insurance programs
- Work with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Establish and maintain insurance carrier and broker relationships
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Risk Management, or related technical field
- 7-10 years with a commercial auto insurance carrier with experience in technical underwriting and product development
- Deep understanding of U.S. commercial auto insurance forms
- Possess excellent business judgement, communication and interpersonal skills
- 10+ years with a commercial auto insurance carrier with experience in technical underwriting and product development
- Master's Degree and/or CPCU professional designation
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada