Design Program Manager - Freight
About the Role
Design Program Managers at Uber Freight are creative problem solvers and team leaders by nature. They are expert at building impactful relationships, improving team cohesion, creating efficiencies in the design and research process, and enabling teams to stay focused on delivering outstanding product experiences to our users. In this role, you will partner closely with the Design & Research leadership team to build and maintain the operational framework for a cross-functional team of product designers, researchers, and content strategists to thrive in.
What You'll Do
- Develop & maintain key relationships with your business area's stakeholders (Design, UX Research, Content, Engineering, Product Management, Product Marketing, etc.).
- Partner with the leadership to scope and set project priorities and sequencing, planning, resource allocation, and hiring/talent needs to execute against business area objectives.
- Plan and drive the execution of design projects from inception to completion. Own the creation and management of project plans, implement an effective system of project status tracking, manage stakeholder expectations.
- Serve as the go-to point of contact for tracking and reporting on in-flight project status and priorities, roadblocks, and dependencies. Make sure interdependencies are understood and planned for. Balance competing priorities and adjust resources.
- Work with Design and Research leadership to identify team needs (process, tools, documentation, etc) recommend improvements, and implement changes to ensure efficient delivery and high-quality output.
- Evangelize Design and Research team achievements to the broader Design & Research org.
- Contribute to the development of the design program management function. Share back successful practices, frameworks, tools, lessons learned that have worked in your team.
- 2+ years experience as a project manager, program manager, or producer in a design consultancy or as part of an in-house product design/UX team
- Experience crafting lean and scalable workflows and implementing process improvements
- Proficiency with project management and asset management tools (e.g., Coda, Asana, JIRA, Basecamp, Box, Google Drive, etc.)
- Clear and effective written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Strong analytical ability, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and drive conversations forward
- Outstanding organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative in tackling problems big and small
- Demonstrable success as a team player, leading large and complex projects
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada