Marketing Technology Manager, App Store Optimization
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity for an outstanding digital marketer, passionate about App Store Optimization (ASO), to grow Uber's customer base within a portfolio of app store listings including Uber's rider, earner, and eater apps, across 60+ countries worldwide.
In this high impact, high visibility position, you will oversee Uber's ASO team, responsible for optimizing our portfolio of app store listings while defining and tracking KPIs for cutting edge ASO experiments and content initiatives. In this highly cross-functional role, you'll partner with Uber's product leaders, product marketers, ad-tech and brand teams to ensure our portfolio of app store listings support global acquisition targets.
The right leader for this team is a results-oriented self-starter who has a track record of setting a strategy supported by rational, data driven decisions all while fiercely prioritizing work within a fast-paced, constantly evolving startup environment.
We are evolving the way the world moves. Uber is powering transportation and logistics in over 300 cities around the world and over 60 countries. But that's not enough - we're always driving new initiatives and new strategies to improve and enhance the Uber experience for our riders and drivers.
What You'll Do:
- Lead Uber's global ASO team, responsible for Uber's portfolio of app store listings across over 60 countries and over 40 languages
- Set and execute a global portfolio strategy for app store optimization across products, customer segments, location and language
- Partner with Uber's data science and ad-tech teams to improve and streamline data collection, analysis, and visualization - all to best inform our strategy and roadmap
- Work cross-functionally between product leaders, product marketing, ad-tech, data science and brand to execute an aggressive roadmap of testing and experimentation
- Fiercely prioritize work to ensure the team's roadmap is optimized for size/scale of impact against priority lines of business/markets
- Seek and evaluate opportunities to leverage external vendors to support Uber's global strategy
- Own relationship with our Apple and Google partners
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
The ideal candidate for this role should have:
- 5+ years of mobile marketing experience, developing and implementing SEO/ASO programs for a large scale brand
- High bar for quality, productivity, and delivering results
- Proven track record of leading and motivating teams within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A tenacity for solving tough problems with a can-do attitude to accomplish objectives and achieve goals beyond what is required
- Ability to use data to understand and improve business results; using one's understanding of major business functions, trends, and own organization's position to contribute to effective business strategies
- Ability to work as part of and lead initiatives within cross-functional teams, including marketing, product, data science, ad tech and brand
- Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items and a desire to create and build new processes to enable organizational efficiencies
- Experience evaluating and leveraging A/B testing platforms and/or third-party tools
- Possess a strong interest in new technologies, data, apps and maintain a deep understanding of the mobile app industry and app store consoles
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivation and drive. Ability to work well independently and within a group setting to push projects to completion
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada