Senior Software Engineer II
About the Role
We are looking for skilled & motivated engineers to help build core components for the FinTech Hyderabad team. The FinTech HYD team played a crucial role in supporting the IPO and continues to ensure Uber is financially compliant. This team tracks and monitors the revenue across all businesses globally. This data is the source of truth to understand the business performance in various regions and to make business decisions.
This is a very high impact role that will provide a holistic perspective on the Finance Technologies at Uber and brings with it the opportunity to collaborate and interact with a global cross-functional group. You will be a part of key initiatives like Daily Accounting Closes and Finance As A Service where you will interface with major infrastructure teams at Uber. You will be building distributed infrastructure and services at Uber scale where accuracy and completeness of data are key requirements.
Does this sound exciting to you? Are you a tested team player, strategic thinker and executor? We want to hear from you.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Coding chops, clean, elegant, bug-free code in languages like Java, GO
- Must have led teams of engineers to deliver autonomously on large cross-functionally driven projects
- Skilled at architecture: Solid understanding of distributed systems architecture - consensus, convergence, data consistency and performance/efficiency constructs
- Strong desire to learn and grow, while building the best in class systems
- Experienced at Cross Team Communication: Strong flair for effective communication and collaboration - you know when to push on and when to step back. We work closely with several groups and supporting these other groups is a key part of scaling our business.
- Push the bar on engineering best practices and help leadership build a strong engineering culture
- Ability to Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Experience with building self service applications.
- Domain knowledge Finance/Accounting.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada