General Manager, Italy - Uber Eats
About the Role
As the General Manager for Uber Eats Italy, you will have the fantastic opportunity to develop and scale our food delivery platform in one of our key markets globally. Balancing the needs of the consumer, the restaurant partner and the delivery partner is very elaborate. Add to that the fact that we're delivering a perishable product on demand, at extensive scale and you have a really interesting set of challenges to navigate. But food is also fun, and our users are passionate about eating tasty food, so you get to operate in a world that consumers love!
We want to hire a General Manager that has a mix of operational prowess outstanding work done, the negotiation and collaboration skills needed to bring out the best from our restaurant partners, the innovation and creative thinking that's required to develop innovative solutions, and the inspiring vision required to lead a fast paced business and develop our team.
This is the ideal role for someone who has experience building out a business, who's passionate about tinkering and iterating to acquire operational excellence and 'Uber' quality throughout the customer's experience. Country strategy, marketing, marketplace efficiency, quality, P&L ownership and customer experience sit under the GM's umbrella of responsibilities. Deeply understanding your market and building local partnerships is essential. This is where creativity meets leadership and execution head on.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of smart and hardworking people towards building the Uber Eats business in Italy
- Set mission and strategy with your team and lead all aspects of market implementation
- Work cross-functionally: Collaborate with the wider Uber Eats team, Product team, and Engineering to communicate product and process needs to deliver Uber Eats in Italy
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns targeted both at the consumer and the restaurant partners
- Build the business from ground up: Be onsite at different restaurants handling logistics and transport, helping restaurants optimize their supply chain and connecting their business with Uber's
- Work with other General managers and your teams to help scale our cities through developing and sharing best practices
- Run experiments: We're looking for people who are curious and passionate about solving problems! As a startup within a startup, there will be many exciting challenges ahead. Experimenting and finding unique solutions is at our core.
- Engage with local regulatory and political stakeholders within the food delivery ecosystem
- Scale Uber Eats to other cities
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Minimum 8 years of a proven track record in business management experience in operations, strategy, technology, business development or a similar area at managerial level.
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgement - you understand what drives value for each group in our marketplace and can make sensible commercial decisions to reflect this
- Effective project management - experience delivering on multifaceted projects with many stakeholders
- Stellar relationship building skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen, from negotiation to execution
- Experience leading a team, with a proven track record to invest in the mentoring and development of your team members
- Ability to adapt with humility and resilience
- A passion for Uber Eats and growing the brand
- Fluency in English & Italian
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada