Software Engineer II, Backend
About the Role
The Insurance Engineering team builds and maintains critical services and tools for Uber's Insurance needs. The team is responsible for processing millions of dollars worth of claims every year. We also focus on automating and optimizing insurance claims processing and save millions, that directly impact Uber's bottom line. We are a high impact team that is critical for Uber's day to day operations. We also have a pipeline of innovative products and tech that will take us to the next level and be one of the leaders in the InsureTech space.
We are looking for talented engineers who will lead one or more critical projects and apply fresh ideas to improve products and tech for Insurance at Uber. This role is a great opportunity to both grow your technical skills and ship highly impactful products.
What you'll do
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand business requirements and build cross-functional solutions that impact all Insurance related business needs;
- Design and collaborate with multiple partners, both internal and external to develop and maintain critical services and tools;
- Drive and improve the scalability, reliability and efficiency of critical systems;
- At least five (5) years of software engineering experience
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics, or related field
- Strong problem solving and coding skills in one or more below programming languages (Java, Go, C/C++, Python or other equivalent)
- Experience with distributed systems or microservice architectures
- Experience with relational databases and distributed storage systems (MySQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- Proven strong collaboration skills and passion for learning new technologies
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment with evolving requirements
- Customer obsession and user first mindset
- Experience in Auto Insurance Domain a plus, but not required.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada