Lead, Central Operations (Risk Operations)
About the Role
Risk Operations is a new operations team at Uber, formed by bringing together the Risk and Compliance functions within Central Operations, with the overall objective of reducing platform risk across the region. The team is made up of specialists within key risk areas as well as PMs focusing on the delivery of our largest risk mitigation projects that span the whole EMEA region.
What you'll do
- Act as as snr project manager within the Risk Operations team, a dynamic team of 8 within EMEA Central Operations
- Develop and run sensitive and business critical new projects to support the overall strategy of the team and our objective of risk reduction
- Build projects teams, using resources from outside our direct team
- Write project scoping and governance documents, ensuring leadership support and consensus
- Coordinate across many teams including legal, tax product, business development and finance
- Engage with senior stakeholders on high-profile and sensitive issues that are business and time critical
- Track the performance of the project and build recommendations to optimize and expand the project if appropriate
- Learn the sophisticated and changing legal, tax and regulatory challenges to our business
- Be bold and adaptable and if needed be able to make the tough call to shut a project down and prioritise resources or pivot recommendations in accordance with business or functional needs
What the Candidate Will Need
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience with a consulting, operations, program management background
- Ideally background in or experience of running risk management / compliance projects or projects with significant involvement of "risk based" functions such as legal/finance/tax/compliance.
- Master problem solver; develops new frameworks for sophisticated problems where no standards exist today and engages other specialists for feedback and integrate it effectively
- The ability to influence and encourage people outside of your direct team to work towards a common goal
- Strong communication and comfort sharing information formally or informally with senior audiences. Able to articulate a clear vision and areas of strategic focus.
- Passionate about engaging senior stakeholders and leading and working with cross-functional groups to develop (and then operationalize) initiatives to improve rider experience
- Comfortable project leading the rollout of large initiatives across the region which require cross-functional collaboration across operations, product, cities, marketing, legal and tax.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together!
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada