Employment Counsel, Northern Europe
About the Role
Uber's Legal Team supports the business by providing expert legal advice and management of complex issues. The legal team is responsible for counselling, educating and partnering with a broad set of stakeholders. Being flexible is key when working with our various teams to understand the environments we operate in.
We're looking for an exceptional lawyer to join our EMEA Employment Counsel team to support and help lead our growing businesses across Northern & Eastern Europe (NEE).
This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join a global legal team integral to a company engaged in cutting edge technology and focused on solving some of the biggest challenges in the world - including changing the way regulators, courts and legislators think about the future of work.
Based in London and this position will report directly to Senior Employment Counsel Lead for Business and Product in EMEA.
What You'll Need
- Around 3-5 years of employment law experience a law firm but we will consider candidates if they meet the rest of the requirements
- Professional proficiency in English
- Confidence operating in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to perform in nimble, rapidly changing and growing markets
- History of driving efficient and strategic use of resources, including other support functions, in-house counsel, vendors and external counsel
- Strong team orientation encouraging communication and cooperation across organizations and functions
- Inquisitiveness, along with the ability to spot issues, get to the heart of the matter, and articulate plans to address them
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated experience working with business leaders
- A collaborative approach with both business and legal groups, with the ability to build relationships, gain credibility and partner with others
- Excellent business judgment and interpersonal skills
- Passionate about your work and a desire to have a big impact
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada