Group Product Manager - Driving Experience
About the Role
Our team has a vision: Enable millions of users worldwide a flexible, respectful and reliable way to earn a living on the Uber platform. To accomplish that, we strive to provide the world's best driving experience for Uber drivers and delivery people - all the way from when they go online in the app till they are done for the day and go offline. This includes enabling them to make decisions about which trips to accept, enhancing their pickup and drop off experiences, optimizing their on-trip experience, and providing them choice and preferences thus enabling flexibility to suit their life. This role leads that worldwide charter.
As the Product Leader leading this team, you will develop and execute the vision, strategy, and roadmap that enables earners to seamlessly work on the Uber platform. You will lead a team of Product Managers responsible for crafting this vision and executing on it to greatly impact our business. You will also work with cross-functional leaders and other teams at Uber to fulfill this vision.
What You'll Do
- Develop a vision for Driver Experience and Flexibility and define a 12-24 month roadmap.
- Understanding the differences between markets and different local regions is critical. You will work with our regional teams to understand issues on the ground and make those solutions a part of your roadmap.
- Translate user needs into product requirements by distilling user problems, writing hypotheses, and describing desired outcomes.
- Work with researchers to conduct a program of quant and qual insight gathering and evaluation
- Establish three- and six-month plans and define objectives and key results for the tech team
- Build and foster a strong team culture with a focus on execution and results.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal partners to all Uber employees to drivers.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in product management or related fields
- Experience managing a team of Product Managers
- Product Sense - Stellar design instincts and product taste. You own what you build.
- Use data to align teams and drive strategic decisions. You always get the data you need, and distill it into insightful stories.
- Experience delivering highly successful and creative user-facing products. You're proud of what you've accomplished.
- Experience working on end to end mobile app experiences in a previous role
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- A high bar across the board -- from your own contributions to the people you work with, to the products you work on
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn. You never give up and set a high bar across the board, from your own contribution to the people you work with.
- Create big bold strategic decisions that will have a huge impact on Uber.
- Customer Empathy - Think about the "why" before the "what". You are passionate about always making the user experience positive and unwilling to allow product challenges to impact users negatively.
- Ability to advise and evaluate engineering decisions.
- History of building healthy cross-functional relationships and focusing on team accomplishments rather than individual
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada