Technical Program Manager
About the Role
We are currently looking for a Technical Program Manager to drive complex Efficiency and Capacity initiatives across all Uber Engineering and Infrastructure. You will be engaged not only in helping determine strategies for capacity management, but also deep into operationalizing and potentially automating much of the process. Spectrum of scope may include, but not limited to, the following:
- Allocation of capacity based on demand forecasts
- Reporting on plan-to-actuals allocations
- Review of under or over allocations to teams
- Review and reporting of capacity states on-prem vs cloud
- Use existing tooling and/or partner with Metal/HW Engineering and Supply Chain teams to create additional tools to operationalize the capacity allocation process
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Experience of 2+ years as a TPM or Engineer in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment.
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you.
- Experience in Data Center Operations or Capacity Management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and emotional intelligence.
- Strong organizational skills to prioritise many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Analytical and truth seeking. Ability to understand sophisticated concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively.
- Metrics driven: Experience resolving effective program KPIs and using them to measure program success and issues.
- Excellent in identifying process gaps, measuring progress, and balancing engineering and product efficiency with process overhead.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada